(Shown is the Kwiggle with 3 gears, wheel guards,
lights, chainguard and rack)
delivery time January 2021
Kwiggle Standard equipment: Made in Germany
- Color depending on selection: black, blue, red, white
- Gear-system depending on your selection:
3-Gear derailleur-system with 3 sprockets (7, 8 and 9 teeth)
6-Gear-system with 3-Gear derailleur-system and 2-Gear bottom-bracket system
- Frame: 7000 aluminum and high-strength stainless steel
- Brakes and brake-levers: Tektro side-pull brake
- Rim: Aluminum wrought-alloy, made out of one piece
- Tires: Schwalbe Big Apple 12 Zoll with reflective stripes
- Mudguards: SKS
- Crank: Miche Team CPT, 170 mm, LK 110mm, 1 KB with 46 teeth
- If chosen: Chainwheel disc
- Pedal: MKS XP-EZY (removable)
- If chosen: luggage-racks for Ortlieb-bags and a slot for the right pedal
- if chosen: headlight EYRO (30 Lux) from Busch und Müller with integrated battery
- If chosen: Backlight Spanninga Nr. 9 with battery
- Trolley-wheels for pulling the Kwiggle like a trolley
Kwiggle – Technical data
|Build for:||1,35 – 1,95 m|
|Folded:||55 x 40 x 25 cm = 55 l = Hand-luggage|
|Speed:||min. 1 km/h – max. 40 km/h|
|Weight:||depending on your selection: ca. 8,8 - 10 kg|
|Load:||max. 90 kg|
|Gears:||depending on selection: 1, 3 or 6|
|Development:||1-speed: 5,9 m|
3-speed: 4,6 m, 5,2 m, 5,9 m
6-speed: 3,3m, 3,7m, 4,2m, 5,2m, 5,8m, 6,6m
The 3-speed derailleur (patent pending).
For a long time we thought it would not work: Now we have realized a rear derailleur, with which three pinions (7, 8, and 9 teeth) can be shifted in the smallest space - the lightest derailleur in the world and virtually invisible. The sprocket geometry allows for a smooth switching change. Sprockets and chain are made of the best wear-resistant materials. The stainless steel Connex 8Sx is one of the most wear resistant chains on the market and only needs a few drops of oil.
The bottom bracket gearbox for the 6-speed-gearshift.
The 6-speed gearshift is realized with the Doppio bottom bracket gearbox from Kappstein. The large shift jump of the bottom bracket gearbox (1: 1.57) ensures that the derailleur can provide 3 upper and 3 lower gears. Details about Doppio can be found here: Doppio bottom bracket gearbox from Kappstein
The model EYRO from Busch and Müller combines a high-detail lumination of 30 lux with high compactness. EYRO is a very good quality front light. We mount the EYRO only 40 cm above the ground, in order to make the pavement structure (edges, bumps) clearly visible. The detection of bumps is therefore no problem even in the dark. The luminance is very good.
The Spanninga Nr. 9 with reflector and battery convinces with its retro look.
The rack is another highlight on the Kwiggle. We wanted to provide our customers with a solution for their existing Ortlieb bicycle bags without having to spend extra money on a separate luggage system. We have developed a rack that fits perfectly into the folding size, allows at least 10 kg load and weighs only 75 g.
All current Ortlieb rear-wheel or Ortlieb front-wheel bags fit on the luggage carrier.